Sunday, April 4, 2010

Big Trouble

So not only did my team blow it in the playoffs, but I managed to do a poor job of screwing up my teams finances. I got so caught up in the fact that my team was having a successful regular season that I forgot to renegotiate the contracts of my 3 superstars, Lebron James, Ryan Simmons and Sadrunas Sankovic. When I began to re-sign my players in the offseason, I quickly realized that I didn't have enough cap-room to re-sign all 3. We spent a lot of time in class talking about cheating and why games need cheats. Barry encouraged us to try experimenting with cheats, so I figured I'd give it a try.

I found a way to manually edit my players so that I could increase their ratings and fix their contracts without taking into consideration salary, morale and personal wants. I manually added years onto the original contracts of Sankovic and Simmons so that I had enough money to sign Lebron and another marquee free agent. I haven't began the next season yet but I am curious to see how the game responds to my actions. When you simulate games, your team doesn't perform as well as it should and even the best teams don't have the best records. I'm curious to see if that same principle will stand with my team considering that all 5 of my starters have rankings above a 90.

While cheating goes against my primary objective to learn how to be a successful General Manager, it just goes to show how tempting it is to cheat and how greed can corrupt an individual. I'll be sure to write in my next post about the status of my cheating and how the game and my team is effected by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment